- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 large skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¾ tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp unsalted tomato paste
- ¾ dry red wine
- 1 ½ c low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 ½ c jarred or boxed unsalted diced tomatoes
- 2 4-inch sticks cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 c whole wheat orzo pasta
- ¾ c freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In slow cooker, place chicken. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add in all ingredients except pasta and parmesan. (I used minced dried onion and ground cinnamon.)
- Cook 4-6 hours on low until chicken is thoroughly down.
- Remove chicken and shred.
- Serve with orzo pasta.
Nutrients (1 ½ cups chicken and orzo mixture and 1 tbsp cheese)
Total Fat: 9 g
Carbs: 40 g
Fiber: 7 g
Sugars: 5 g
Protein: 41 g
Check out my other recipes HERE!