I set a goal in 2015 to read 52 books! And not just any book, but “good for me” books. Guess what? I DID IT! Not EVERY book I read was stellar; so, I want to share some of my favorite books and authors to, perhaps, help you determine some selections for your own personal growth.
I loved Joel Osteen’s Break Out!: 5 Keys to Go Beyond Your Barriers and Live an Extraordinary Life. I listened to it on audio (I use Audible.com) while I ran and it really spoke to me, fueled my fire (and increased my pace per mile on given days!!)
Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear by Max Lucado I also listened to on audio. Loved it. Read it. Stop being afraid. Nuff said.
From one extreme to the other, Jen Sincero’s You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life got me fired up in a different way.
Unlimited by Jillian Michaels was the first book I read in 2015. I really enjoyed her style – again, not Joel Osteen, more Jen Sincero – but I like how she tells it like it is. And this book is definitely about more than just fitness.
The books by Bob Burg (The Go Giver), Jon Gordon (Training Camp), Spencer Johnson (Peaks & Vallies), Robin Sharma (The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari), and Mitch Albom were a delight. They delivered their messages in parable form so you get a powerful message in a short story. Very nice for those of with us short attention spans.
Business Must Reads!
Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life
Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There
There are 3 books that really helped me better understand WHY Network Marketing is so amazing! I mean, I knew how it was impacting my life, but I had trouble helping others understand it’s awesomeness!
- The Flip-Flop CEO
- Go Pro
- The Enrepreneurial Rollercoaster
Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World, using Social Media to build your business. This is not ONLY for network marketers, but definitely a must for network marketers.
Outliers, just delivered fascinating information! It is not necessarily an “easy” read – in fact I listened on audio – but I the data gave me “random” knowledge I can use for “cocktail party’ convos. LOL!
Every Day I Fight – I did not know who Stuart Scott was before I read this book, but I liked the title. It was an interesting behind-the-scenes look at ESPN an sportscasting (who knew I was even interested in that!), and delivered a powerful message about the meaning of life.
I want to read this again! Loved the concepts in this book from Gretchen Rubin! The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun.
Here is a list of not only the books I read in 2015, but my complete list of Personal Development reading. I track my reading on a free app called Goodreads (connect with me there!).
1. Embrace the Struggle: Living Life on Life’s Terms, Zig Ziglar
2. Giant Steps: Small Changes to Make a Big Difference, Anthony Robbins
3. Fearless: Imagine Your Life Without Fear, Max Lucado
4. 7: How Many Days of the Week Can Be Extraordinary?, Dan Zadra
5. The Miracle Morning for Network Marketers: Grow Yourself FIRST to Grow Your Business FAST, Hal Elrod
6. The Charge: Activating the 10 Human Drives That Make You Feel Alive, Brendon Burchard
7. One: How Many People Does It Take to Make a Difference?, Dan Zadra
8. Every Day I Fight, Stuart Scott
9. Training Camp: What the Best Do Better Than Everyone Else, Jon Gordon
10. The Entrepreneur’s Solution: The Modern Millionaire’s Path to More Profit, Fans & Freedom, Mel H. Abraham
11. Make Your Own Lunch: How to Live an Epically Epic Life Through Work, Travel, Wonder, and (Maybe) College, Ryan Porter
12. The Miracle Morning: The Not-So-Obvious Secret Guaranteed to Transform Your Life (Before 8AM), Hal Elrod
13. The Barefoot Executive: The Ultimate Guide for Being Your Own Boss & Achieving Financial Freedom, Carrie Wilkerson
14. Jab, Jab, Jab, Right Hook: How to Tell Your Story in a Noisy Social World, Gary Vaynerchuk
15. The 10X Rule: The Only Difference Between Success and Failure, Grant Cardone
16. Put on Your Crown: Life-Changing Moments on the Path to Queendom, Queen Latifah
17. I’m Too Young for This!: The Natural Hormone Solution to Enjoy Perimenopause, Suzanne Somers
18. The Rhythm of Life: Living Every Day with Passion and Purpose, Matthew Kelly
19. Lead… for God’s Sake!: A Parable for Finding the Heart of Leadership, Todd G. Gongwer
20. Life’s Golden Ticket: An Inspirational Novel, Brendon Burchard
21. PUSH: 30 Days to Turbocharged Habits, a Bangin’ Body, and the Life You Deserve!, Chalene Johnson
22. The Compound Effect: Jumpstart Your Income, Your Life, Your Success, Darren Hardy
23. Superlife, Darin Olien
24. Outliers: The Story of Success, Malcolm Gladwell
25. Good Leaders Ask Great Questions: Your Foundation for Successful Leadership, John C. Maxwell
26. You Can You Will: 8 Undeniable Qualities of a Winner, Joel Osteen
27. The Energy Bus: 10 Rules to Fuel Your Life, Work, and Team with Positive Energy, Jon Gordon
28. Peaks and Valleys: Making Good And Bad Times Work For You–At Work And In Life, Spencer Johnson
29. Help Thanks Wow: The Three Essential Prayers, Anne Lamott
30. Gift from the Sea, Anne Morrow Lindbergh
31. Burn Brightly Without Burning Out: Balancing Your Career With The Rest Of Your Life, Dick Biggs
32. Unlimited: How to Build an Exceptional Life, Jillian Michaels
33. The Entrepreneur Roller Coaster: Why Now Is the Time to #Join the Ride, Darren Hardy
34. Fearless & Fabulous: 10 Powerful Strategies for Getting Anything You Want in Life, Cara Alwill Leyba
35. The Go-Giver: A Little Story About a Powerful Business Idea, Bob Burg
36. The Thank You Economy, Gary Vaynerchuk
37. EntreLeadership: 20 Years of Practical Business Wisdom from the Trenches, Dave Ramsey
38. 10% Happier: How I Tamed the Voice in My Head, Reduced Stress Without Losing My Edge, and Found Self-Help That Actually Works, Dan Harris
39. The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari: A Fable About Fulfilling Your Dreams & Reaching Your Destiny, Robin S. Sharma
40. Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical and Financial Destiny!, Anthony Robbins
41. The Happiness Project: Or Why I Spent a Year Trying to Sing in the Morning, Clean My Closets, Fight Right, Read Aristotle, and Generally Have More Fun, Gretchen Rubin
42. Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder, Arianna Huffington
43. The Happiness of Pursuit: Finding the Quest That Will Bring Purpose to Your Life, Chris Guillebeau
44. The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, John C. Maxwell
45. Break Out!: 5 Keys to Go Beyond Your Barriers and Live an Extraordinary Life, Joel Osteen
46. Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action, Simon Sinek
47. No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline, Brian Tracy
48. The Dream Manager, Matthew Kelly
49. Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence, Sarah Young
50. Go for No! Yes is the Destination, No is How You Get There, Richard Fenton
51. The Flip Flop CEO, Janine Finney
52. Beach Money: Creating Your Dream Life Through Network Marketing, Jordan Adler
53. You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life, Jen Sincero
54. Couture for $200 and Turned It into a Global Brand, Pamela Skaist-Levy
55. It Starts with Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways, Dallas Hartwig
56. Why Not You?: 28 Days to Authentic Confidence, Valorie Burton
57. Who Moved My Cheese?, Spencer Johnson
58. The First Phone Call from Heaven, Mitch Albom
59. Have a Little Faith: a True Story, Mitch Albom
60. The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Mitch Albom
61. Eat That Frog!: 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time, Brian Tracy
62. The Slight Edge: Secret to a Successful Life, Jeff Olson
63. The Big Picture: 11 Laws That Will Change Your Life, Tony Horton
64. #GIRLBOSS, Sophia Amoruso
65. The Art of Racing in the Rain, Garth Stein
66. First Steps to Wealth, Dani Johnson
67. Go Pro – 7 Steps to Becoming a Network Marketing Professional, Eric Worre
68. 5: Where Will You Be Five Years from Now?, Dan Zadra
69. Crush It!: Why Now is the Time to Cash in on Your Passion, Gary Vaynerchuk