52 Book Challenge! EntreLeadership by Dave Ramsey!
I first became a fan of Dave Ramsey from his famous radio show on which he dolls out advice to regular folks regarding financial matters – basically: Don’t spend what you don’t have! When he came to Kansas City with his Total Money Makeover tour, my husband and I bought VIP tickets and started our way to Financial Freedom!
Fast forward several years. I have been wanting to read EntreLeadership for a while, but it somehow never made it’s way to the top of my list. That is, until I won a copy from a Beachbody Success Club incentive. (Beachbody is always helping us to keep Personal Development front and center!).
What I really love about this book is that it so down to earth – just like Dave. Sure, it’s a business book, focusing more on small businesses and entrepreneurs, but Dave shares his own personal ancedotes and his own practical advice, and it all just makes sense.
Some of my favorite quotes include:
- “You want to know what is holding back your dreams from becoming a reality? Go look in your mirror.”
- “Dreaming is a sign you have hope. Dreaming is a sign you still think you can win. Dreaming keeps you young.”
- “People with no vision simply have jobs; they exist but aren’t going anywhere because they aren’t aware there is anywhere to go.”
- “Give me a stock clerk with a goal, and I will give you a man who will make history Give me a man without a goal and I will give you a stock clerk.” J.C. Penney
- “There is only way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing.” Aristotle
Here is a point that really made me stop and think: “You will decisions are liberating. The paradox is that some of the most stressed people on the planet are people are frozen by indecision.” I call this “analysis paralysis”. I’ve been “working” on making some decisions with my business, considering my options, and considering, and doing nothing, and considering…and it’s super stressful. Dave gave us a great checklist to go through to help us get to a decision. Liberating!!!
The latter part of the book really gets into business basics: Hiring, Compensation, Rewards and Recognition, “Financial Peace for Business”, and even contracts. Some of it was a little “more” than I need in my business today, but I kept reading while trying to open my mind and just learn.
I can’t imagine NOT getting great content from Dave Ramsey! If you are in business – for yourself, or for someone else, large or small, read this book…EntreLeaders can exist any level.